Wallops Flight Facility is a NASA launch site located in Virginia, U.S.A. Many types of light rockets are launched from the Wallops Flight Facility, like sounding rockets for example. Sometimes you can also see a large scale rocket launch, like an Antares rocket. Enjoy the amazing experience of a rocket launch in this regional spaceport !
Where is the Wallops Flight Facility ?
Address : NASA Wallops Flight Facility Visitor Center, Building J20 Route, 175 Chincoteague Rd, Wallops Island, VA 23337, U.S.A.
What rockets are launched at Wallops Flight Facility ?
NG Antares 200
Orbital Sciences Minotaur V
NASA Wallops Visitor Center viewing areas
The NASA Wallops Flight Facility Visitor Center and grounds are open during the large-scale rocket launches.
- 4 miles from the launch pads
- clear view from ground to sky
- parking available on a first come, first served basis (plan to arrive 3 or more hours prior to the launch window)
- two bleachers and an open field
- bleacher seating available, you can also bring a folding or camp chair
- Visitor Center exhibit hall is open but the observation deck is closed
What you will see from the NASA Wallops Flight Facility Visitor Center viewing areas :
Other viewing areas in Chincoteague Island
- Robert Reed Waterfront Park located on Main Street
- South Main Street to Curtis Merritt Harbor
- The bike trail near the Museum of Chincoteague
Plan your trip !
Rocket launches schedule and tickets at Wallops Flight Facility
Click on the button below to take a look at the rocket launches schedule on the SpaceflightInsider’s website.
Book your hotel near the Wallops Flight Facility
Images by NASA/Bill Ingalls [Public domain].Sources